futurista

The Sparrow
Mary Doria Russell
Connie Barlow

Run

Run - Ann Patchett This book wasn't awful, but I never cared about the storyline or the characters. Even one of the characters said that the story could really be told in one sentence. He seems to think it's more of an exciting story if you were there, but I was there (reading it), and I still didn't care. How (or why) in the world did she write an entire book about a less-than 24-hour period in which a mysterious woman pushes a guy out from in front of a car, gets hit, and turns out to be a long-lost person from his past that he doesn't even really care to have ever met? The first review I read of this book said that it was written with the intensity of most modern television shows. I don't think that's a glowing review, but I have less to say about the book after reading it. Luckily, it was a free review copy and I didn't have to pay for it.

Note: While I critique both purchased and free books in the same way, I'm legally obligated to tell you I received this book free through the Amazon Vine program in return for my review. Blah blah blah.