futurista

The Sparrow
Mary Doria Russell
Connie Barlow

The Time Traveler's Wife

The Time Traveler's Wife - Audrey Niffenegger I refused to read this book for ages because it was a trendy book with a trendy name. But now I understand everyone's love for it. I suppose that the way to get a sci-fi book to succeed is to not market it as a sci-fi book. This book is 100% a time travel novel, and it's done quite cleverly. The time traveler in question has a genetic mutation that makes him spontaneously time travel, so he lands in various times and places quite naked. He often runs into himself, but he also meets his wife when he's an adult and she's a child. While she has known him all her life, he only knows her during his adulthood. It wasn't difficult to figure out where the book was going and when the roller coaster was going to plunge downhill. However, the process of reading the novel was quite satisfying. The author is able to create a world and quickly bring the reader comfortably inside it to be a watcher in the shadows. I'm definitely glad I finally broke down to read this book because it's certainly now among my all time favorites.