futurista

The Sparrow
Mary Doria Russell
Connie Barlow

The Thirteenth Tale

The Thirteenth Tale - Diane Setterfield It took me longer to finish this book than usual. It just didn't call to me be pick it back up. It's not a ghost story like it markets itself to be; it's just the story of twins that miss each other. I think I was nonchalant about finishing this book because I thought the author was being too obvious with her hints of the secrets of this book. It does turn out, though, that what you think are supposed to be the secrets of the book are not the real secrets. You learn the real secret in the last 50 pages. I have to admit that the author had me fooled. But I didn't like getting 50 pages from the end and wondering where the ghosts were and trying to re-read the book in my mind with this new piece of information. Eh. Whatever.

Maybe I should have read Jane Eyre before reading this book because I simply didn't get all the references. I'm extremely lacking in my knowledge of that genre of book.

This author did have some extremely quotable lines about books and words. The story itself was just sort of "eh".