futurista

The Sparrow
Mary Doria Russell
Connie Barlow

Moon Called

Moon Called - Patricia Briggs I tried, but I just can't complete this book. I have to say that it started out good, but it got annoying. It's. So. Trite. I'm sorry, Jess. Thanks for letting me borrow it, but it's just not for me. I got really annoyed at the conversation in this book. At first I thought it would have been better done in 3rd person so that Mercy didn't have to tell everyone's history through conversation. But then I realized that it wouldn't have helped because every time Mercy opened her mouth, it felt like the triteness of high school relationships. Who hates who now? Who's friends? What's our history together? Will the vampires dare eat the werewolves when they know that werewolves are more powerful? My cookie's bigger than your cookie, etc. I usually care about the relationship aspect between my characters, but this was just ridiculous because everyone was constantly double-checking relationship status like it was a Sims game. Goodbye, Book. Better luck with someone else because apparently lots of people give you 4 or 5 stars.