futurista

The Sparrow
Mary Doria Russell
Connie Barlow

The Maze Runner

The Maze Runner - James Dashner Imagine that you wake up in a dark, moving box with your memories erased. And then imagine that you emerge from the box into a monster-filled maze populated by boys who arrived there the same way you did. Of course, there must be a way out, and you're determined to find it. Only ... the maze seems to change every day.

I found this book to be sort of like Lord of the Flies meets Battle Royale, but it's perhaps a little tamer than either of those stories. The book is quite an action-packed page-turner and keeps your interest until the end. I can see it becoming popular with teenage boys (and girls, too). But it's still interesting enough to keep an adult entertained as well. It might make an interesting movie.

Note: While I critique both purchased and free books in the same way, I'm legally obligated to tell you I received this book free through the Amazon Vine program in return for my review. Blah blah blah.