futurista

The Sparrow
Mary Doria Russell
Connie Barlow

The Girlfriends' Guide to Pregnancy

The Girlfriends' Guide to Pregnancy - Vicki Iovine This book surely does tell you things nobody else does: the good, the bad, and the things I wish I didn't know. I know I'll re-read the last few chapters later when I need to know what to bring to the hospital with me and what are real signs vs. false signs that I should go to the hospital in the first place.

However, I also hated the author's male-bashing, her assumption that every woman turns into a pregasaurus, her denouncement of exercise, and her chapter on fashion. I wanted to kick her in the teeth when she started talking about how horrible it was that all her size 2, 4, and 6 friends went up a size after they had a baby. *rolls eyes* I also did not care to be called her "girlfriend". Sorry, I'd never be your girlfriend, Vicki. We come from very different worlds.

Despite the parts I hated, I have to say that they're small in comparison to the good information I gleaned from the pages. Sometimes, if nothing else, it made me feel like these strange things happening to me aren't so strange after all. I'd certainly recommend it as a must-read for any mother-to-be. I'd give it 5 stars if the author's personality didn't sometimes rub me the wrong way.