futurista

Enid Blyton
The Sparrow
Mary Doria Russell
Connie Barlow

The Happiest Baby on the Block: The New Way to Calm Crying and Help Your Newborn Baby Sleep Longer - Harvey Karp Lots of my friends have sworn by this book for crying babies. Maybe I'll be lucky and get a baby as easy as I was. If not, I'll try the calming method described in this book. Although, I have to say that it's hard to give a star rating without knowing if they work or not.

The premise of the book is that babies' first 3 months are like a 4th trimester (wouldn't that be a quadmester or something like that?) and the baby needs the same comforts of the womb: swaddling, side/stomach, swinging, shhhing, and sucking.

I have to say, though, that the author really could have said what he had to say in about 5-20 pages rather than over 100 pages. He repeated himself over and over and over ad nauseum. I guess that's what you do if you want to sell a book on a simple concept. Here's to hoping that the simple concept works if needed.