futurista

The Sparrow
Mary Doria Russell
Connie Barlow

Trapped

Trapped - Michael Northrop Trapped is the story of several teens and a teacher trapped in their high school during a severe New England blizzard. The author does a good job of leading you on from the beginning, making you wonder if the book will turn into something like Battle Royale or [b:Lord of the Flies|7624|Lord of the Flies|William Golding|http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51VaoqPM%2BUL._SL75_.jpg|2766512]. You know that someone or several someones die, but who? And why? Is it over a limited food supply, a clash of personalities, love rivalry, an attempt to get help, accidents, dumb decisions, or something else.

I read most of the book curled up in a sunny window at my favorite coffee shop, feeling cold despite the winter sun's warmth as I commiserated with the characters. While, I did turn the pages quickly, it wasn't really the greatest book. I think I hoped for a little more tension and action than the book had to offer. But I think that the teen audience that it's written to would probably enjoy it.