futurista

The Sparrow
Mary Doria Russell
Connie Barlow

Towards Yesterday

Toward Yesterday - Paul Antony Jones Imagine if everyone on earth time traveled without warning 25 years into their own past. Where would you find yourself? In a classroom or job long-forgotten? In a body more agile? Who in your life would not yet exist and who long-dead would suddenly be alive again? Would it be a blessing or a curse? This is the premise that Jones explores in Towards Yesterday.

I found this book to be extremely intriguing and found it to fill the niche left behind by the cancellation of the Flashforward television series (based on the book Flashforward by Robert J. Sawyer). Only, rather than everyone on earth experiencing their future, everyone on earth is catapulted and seemingly left stranded in the past. The well-crafted plot and 3-dimensional characters of Towards Yesterday make for a compelling read.

This author is growing on me such that I'd instantly snatch up any book he puts out there. If you're a fan of time travel or post-apocalyptic novels at all, do yourself a favor and download this book to your Kindle for $2.99. I don't think you'll be disappointed.