futurista

The Sparrow
Mary Doria Russell
Connie Barlow

The Wave

The Wave - Walter Mosley Interesting. I've never ready anything by Walter Mosley, but I think I'd pick something of his up again if given the chance. It's definitely one of those books whose concepts will stay with me for a while. The main story develops after the main character starts getting phone calls from the graveyard from his 9-years-dead father. After several nights of this, he finally goes to "rescue" whoever this guy is that is claiming to be his father from the cemetery. This is not a book about zombies or ghosts or aliens (well, not quite), so it's definitely a genre subset unto its own. I have to say that I could have done without the various references to ... er ... "large black erections". But, otherwise ... definitely an enjoyable listen with just the right amount of character development and plot movement to keep things interesting. The person who read the audiobook version also did a great job. The end credits mention that there was actually a "director" for the audiobook, and it shows.