futurista

The Sparrow
Mary Doria Russell
Connie Barlow

The New World

The New World - Patrick Ness This is a prequel that will leave you rapidly turning pages and immediately wanting more. After generations of space travel, a family takes a first look at the world that their ancestors had set out to settle. Why did the original settlers never contact their home world? Are they down on the planet? What will they find when they get there? This has me itching for an answer to what's on the new planet as much as [b:A Million Suns|10345927|A Million Suns (Across the Universe, #2)|Beth Revis|http://d.gr-assets.com/books/1330214586s/10345927.jpg|15248718] has me longing to see the new planet in the upcoming [b:Shades of Earth|10345937|Shades of Earth (Across the Universe, #3)|Beth Revis|http://d.gr-assets.com/books/1346494567s/10345937.jpg|15248728].

So, I immediately downloaded the trilogy for this book and was met, not with the continuation of this story, but plopped down in the middle of some talking dog story. Huh? I returned it, downloaded a sample, and will SEE if the rest is worth reading.