futurista

The Sparrow
Mary Doria Russell
Connie Barlow

Through the Door

Through the Door - Jodi McIsaac I'm not sure exactly where this book came from, but I found it in my Kindle labeled as having come from the author. It was also listed as time travel novel. I find that a little odd since there is absolutely no time travel in this book whatsoever. Instead, it is a fantasy novel concerned with people that have magical abilities. Really, this is not the normal sort of book I like to read, but I thought I would give it a chance. However, it still wasn't my cup of tea. Mainly, it was a story of a woman trying to rescue her child from evil people who wanted to do her child harm. And as such, it was a little boring. Oh no. My child has been taken from me. I must find her. Oh, look, everyone suddenly has magical powers. Sorry, I was not really impressed. I think the book kinda lost me when the only person that could save the day was dead. *eyeroll*. I have to say that I didn't find any typos. So I guess it has that going for it. But I have to admit hoping the book would end soon through most of my read despite the introduction of fairies, druids, mermaids, and leprechauns ... which could have been interesting. The book was lacking in something I couldn't quite put my finger on.